Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Looking Forward

I enjoy getting older because I enjoy life's journey. This week I passed another milestone, age sixty-four and a half, and that puts me only six months away from Medicare. I never thought I would find that exciting but I do now. It feels a little like I will be turning over some of my responsibilities to a benevolent distant parent, and in doing so, it gives me a first step into the freedom that my older years may hopefully bring. Yesterday I looked at options...changes I can make when Uncle Sam, who is a bigger spender than I could have imagined, starts giving back to me. When I woke up this morning I realized my thoughts weren't too crazy. How often through the years have I had grandiose ideas in the evening and then the next day talked myself out of them. Oh the choices that lie ahead...

No comments: