Sunday, February 1, 2009

aargh...

It seems as though I have an abscessed tooth.
The last few times I have paid an excessive amount to be tortured in his chair, the dentist said I should get this lower molar fixed, but I have put it off. I thought I could handle it. Denial. My body has served me well, but my teeth? That's another story. So when a piece of this tooth broke off, I tried to ignore it until Friday when I started having excruciating pain on the left side of my mouth. Raym said, "It sounds like an abscess." Why didn't I think of that! But I am sure it is, and I have been trying without success to get in to an emergency dentist. Thank goodness there was some unused Augmentin in the medicine cabinet. I have had a few other tooth abscesses and took an antibiotic first, so I have had a few doses. It has helped a whole lot. Still it is painful and I hope to get to any torturer asap.

No comments: