Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Taking Care

Yesterday was a full day of busily working at the mental hospital. About ten pm, after being with students in the morning, and an irrational drunk, crying women, a delusional schizophrenic, and an assortment of other trying situations in the evening, I had a feeling I had been there way too long. Though I am glad to be where God has placed me, it is imperative to get away and give my brain time to process and file my experiences. Computers are such great analogies to our brains. Sometimes we see the little blue circle spinning around as the computer tries to find something or the hourglass prompting us to be patient. And I if I push it too hard, make too many demands on the system by overclicking, it will jam. Important also is to turn off the computer, letting it rest, because it seems to last longer and serve me better if I do. But if I leave it off and don't use it, it will become obsolete, slow and ineffective. So I want to work, learn and use what I have without overdoing, but also make sure I allow for those blue circle times to do their thing and have my shut down/sleep times as well. This computer inside my head is not replaceable.

No comments: