Friday, December 12, 2008

The Cats in Winter

In warmer weather my two cats prefer to be out at night. What they are doing then remains a feline mystery, but at least they are not causing me to delay falling asleep like they do after the weather turns cold. When it is frosty outside, Daphne, my little calico, and I have some competition. She likes to quietly assumes a place lying next to my husband's warm body as soon as he gets in bed. She acts offended when I move her, tries to sneak back, or at least get a place lying on my hip or curled in my bent knees. Eventually she settles near fluffy black little Nora who usually has the decency to sleep at the foot of the bed from the start. Despite the inconveniences, they are both welcome to keep my feet warm. It is really kind of cozy and comforting to have them snoozing nearby on a cold night. 

1 comment:

Henry Martin said...

Not quite a "three-dog" night, but same idea!

I know, as a cat person, I find that revolting as well. :-)

My cat is banned from the bedrooms. But don't leave the doors open!