Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Not to worry...

Even though I believe this election is perhaps the most significant in my lifetime and that the lifeblood of America is at stake, I am only one average citizen and am limited in what I can do. But I pray the candidate with a true allegiance to America, the desire to a do what is right, and the discernment to choose the most knowledgeable support people will be our next president.

Today our country is in the midst of a huge financial crisis, and again I am limited in my understanding of what to do. Shamefully the only thing I really know about money is how to earn and manage my own. Thank goodness I am not the one responsible for making decisions about someone elses! However someone somewhere who knows how the economy works and who has more vision than I is making decisions for me concerning my 403B and my state retirement, and I, as a financial dummy, must trust the system to work. I expect that when the time comes for me to need it, the money will be there to take care of me. But what if it is not?

Not knowing how either of these precipitous situations will play out feels a little disturbing, frightening, but then I remember these words of Jesus: "In this world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world."

No comments: