Saturday, September 27, 2008

Learning Takes Time

During my sixty plus years on Planet Earth, I have been through some trials and troubles. I have learned from them and believe I am a better person because of them. I have been to school off and on until five years ago, and I hope to go back sometime. I raised four boys to manhood and have been a nurse for almost a quarter of a century. Still there is an endless amount of knowledge that I will never get and wisdom that I will never have. But I do know some things.

I see new nurses who behave as if they have all the answers and who by doing so, show how little they actually know. I hear talk from people who are discovering life, having problems with relationships, and who struggle with day to day issues. I think...I've been there and this is what I learned about it. Sometimes I will voice a thought or give reassurance, but mostly I let it pass knowing their situations will pass, too. Experience teaches us if we listen.

I am making these comments because of the debate last night. If I did not know about BO's deceit and terrorists ties and all things were equal, I would still see through his lack of knowledge and wisdom. If all things were equal, and if he were a true American, maybe in a decade or two, he would be ready to be president. His diversions and self aggrandizing rhetoric covering for his ignorance were transparent. I have seen it too many times before to fall for it.

No comments: