Monday, June 20, 2011

Our Hair

Today did not go as expected. I thought it was going to be a good hair day, but it wasn't. What little thing went wrong with it, I wondered. I suspect many of the women in the world are like me. Everything depends on our hair.

A good hair day can give us confidence, but a bad hair day can make us wish we could crawl under a rock. My hair grows a certain way, and I have learned to go with it. Off and on, I have bucked nature, trying bangs and various cuts thinking I could rid myself of those cow licks, but it would fall right back into place. A few weeks ago, I was given a flat iron treatment to make my hair trendy straight. When I looked in the mirror - yikes! It was exactly the look I try to avoid, and believe me, it did not do my face any favors. If hair doesn't flatter our face, what good is it!

I have noticed that most females of the human species want hair that is different from what we were given by our Creator - or our gene pool. If it's thick and luscious, the envy of all, we complain. We straighten curls and curl straight hair. It was reported today that the newly crowned American beauty changed her hair from natural blonde to auburn. How bad could it have been? And as we women as we age, don't get gray anymore. We get blonde.

Hair - honestly - can make us girls look good or bad, pretty or ugly, neat or nasty. It can be our crowning glory or our biggest frustration.

2 comments:

C of MC Sales News said...

What do you think of my hair?

Susannah said...

You have gorgeous hair!