Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Time for Everything

It has been two and a half months since I last worked. Seems like longer. There were some things I was anxious to get to when I had the time, and now that they are taken care of...ho hum.
One item left on my agenda was my memorabilia closet, so I dived into that today. Needless to say, I didn't get far. How can a girl sort through important events in her life quickly! Not only does it hold my old annuals and special books, but also boxes of family photos that weren't good enough to make it to the album but not bad enough to be thrown away, important old papers such as my childrens report cards, and for the past almost four years, the closet has been home to diaries of my parents. I found a small one from 1945 in which my daddy had written how much I weighed on my six month visit to the doctor and when I first pulled up in the play pen. I have a sweet greeting card and letter from my Illinois grandparents welcoming my first born son, and cute hand made cards from my mother. Stuff like that must be treasured, but I can't keep them forever. I think it is time to turn some of it over to the next generation, those mid-life men I call my sons and their precious wives. I think four large, secure boxes are needed.

No comments: