Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Girl Time

I have always loved being a girl, so much so that when I was little and heard that if you kissed your elbow - an impossible feat - that you would turn into a boy, I kept my arms far away from my lips when I went to bed, lest I suffer disastrous consequences in my sleep. Ashley who is with me now obviously loves being a girl, too. She has an unyielding sense of femininity even sandwiched as she is between her two brothers. First thing yesterday was to show me the pretty new clothes her mother had bought for her, and today she enjoyed looking through my jewelry box and listening as I told the story of where each piece came from. And I always try to pay a little more attention to my appearance when I see her, too, because I know she is checking me out, woman to woman. She is especially curious to see what is dangling from my ear lobes. I sure appreciate Paige and Stuart for letting me spend some time with my delightful granddaughter.

No comments: