Tuesday, March 23, 2010

how embarrassing

It has been over a week since the house went on the market and so far five sets of lookers have been by. No offers though but I hope the right one will come soon. It is a pain keeping the house mess free, the bed made perfectly, personal items stashed, but having to deal with locked doors is even worse. After showing the potential buyers the house on Sunday, the realtor must have dutifully locked all the doors including an inside one in the sunroom that has been kept unlocked forever, and I got trapped in there early yesterday as I was letting the dog out. I soon realized my only option was a bad one. I could get back inside only if I ran around the house to my car and used the garage door opener that would lead me in the kitchen. I had previously checked that door and knew it was unlocked. The cushion on the loveseat was large enough to cover my short nightie clad, modest self, so I held it as a shield while I dashed out. Gee I hope the neighbors were not at their windows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! I laughed and laughed. It hasn't been too long ago that I, too, got locked OUT, but I was dressed!
I'll bet at least one neighbor was watching!
Great story.
Pat