Monday, March 29, 2010

Disorganized and tangential

It has always been interesting to get a glimpse into the thinking of one of my patients. Not too long ago, a middle aged female wrote this, and I could see how one thought connected to another in a way that is different from a person who does not have a thought disorder.

"Today is a sad day. I miss my family. I need to get back to chores for family and friends. That'll be the day when you say bye. That'll be the day when you say good-bye. You swore you'd never leave me but that is a lie - I swear I waited all day for you to prepare - I wish that you could understand the trouble I go to Congressman, Preacher, Press and also the Mayor. I could move up to North Carolina but why should I run because that doesn't satisfy me only true facts. Understand and Faith and also love is the best."

No comments: