Sunday, November 1, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty

Once again I am the victim of my impulsivity. It seems that the little yellow tabby may be here to stay, and that is OK. We both like her. A lot. And she seems to be quite fond of us. As I have been typing, she has been climbing on my shoulders, sometimes stopping to watch the images on the monitor as if she understands the process. What a smart, playful kitty. So far I am calling her Tennessee, which really isn't such a bad name for a girl when you put the emphasis on the first syllable. I considered the name Gabby because of her communication style or Velcro because those tiny sharp claws can really cling - ouch - but Tennessee seems to suit. She has been here four weeks now and is savvy about the household, knowing what to expect, where to get fed and go potty, and generally settling in comfortably. But she has no idea how unsettling she has been to the two older cats. However I think she will be able to win the old gals over just as she has us. I am noticing less and less hissing. But three cats! Egad! I am not particularly a cat person and I don't want to be a cat lady! But it isn't cats or dogs or plants or bugs that I love. I just like living things.

No comments: