Saturday, November 14, 2009

Catching Up

Maria has been here this week and it has been nice to have her around. Hard to believe but I haven't seen her in about three years and that was when I went to visit her in the Philippines. We had some great Asian fare there, but by far the most delicious was a meticulously served, fine Sunday dinner at Krua Thai. On this visit to my town, I took her to my favorite Asian spot Doc Chey's, a small laid back chain. It is Jacob's favorite spot, also. When the two of us go, we look over the menu choices and then choose the same thing, Pad Thai noodles for me and Thai Coconut Red Curry for him. This trip with Maria I ordered something different, Japanese Teriyaki Udon, and she got Spicy Thai Basil, both really tasty noodle dishes. I have been wanting to learn how to prepare Asian noodles so may try something similar to them sometime.

I am glad to have some liveliness in the house tonight. My sweet Stuart and the precious children are here keeping us company. Paige is enjoying being a nurse but working night shift is not compatible with sleeping well. So Stu is keeping the house quiet for her this weekend by visiting me. How lucky I am!!

No comments: