Thursday, October 2, 2008

Politicians

There has not been enough time for me to pull away from my duties and focus on writing a post for my blog. Let me first say that I am quite thankful to have a job and especially doing something I like. I am also thankful for the roof over my head that the job provides. But topics to ponder or expound on have quickly fluttered in and out of my brain and now I wonder what they were. Looking back over the past few days, I know that our country's elected officials have been of concern to me and to most of us Americans. I feel like a big searchlight is on and many are like roaches who are scurrying out of its glare. The poop has hit the fan. Their jobs are service jobs, just like mine, but mine is not a free ride into wealth. I must not only show up every time I am supposed to, but I also must actually do the work I am paid to do. I expect - now I see I have been unrealistic - for the elected officials to do the same. I do not bite the hand that feeds me and I would hope the politicians, and I say that with a certain amount of disdain, would do the same. I want them to be trustworthy and knowledgeable and have the country's best interests at heart. I want them to be at least as good at their elected jobs as I am at mine. Let me say here that I believe SC Senator DeMint is doing a fine job because he is still a moral person. I am a part of the great middle class, a good citizen, a taxpayer, and I am beginning to resent the belittling comments that some politicians are rendering against us that show they clearly do not understand us. They have been away from home too long and their free ride clearly neeeds to be one to take them back.

No comments: