Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Healthy Ions

Tonight as I read my emails and type, I hear an occasional rumble in the sky along with the sweet relaxing sound of falling rain. Earlier today I was reading about the positive and negative ions in the air, how positive ions can cause irritability, depression, headaches, respiratory problems, and so on, and how negative ions can improve our mental and physical health. Pretty interesting I thought. That may explain why sometimes a group of people will all be feeling the same way, grumpy or sleepy or dopey or...what were the names of those other dwarfs? Other times the same group can be having a happy time together. Maybe we were all being affected by the ionization in the air. "They said" that negative ions (and therefore the feel good things they do) are more plentiful at the beach or near waterfalls or after a rainstorm, such as the one tonight. As I fall asleep tonight to the classic sound of rain, I now know that I will also be exposed to healthy properties in the air.

No comments: