Wednesday, July 2, 2008

From the deck

On this perfect summer day, sitting on the deck in one of the wonderful Adirondack chairs that Trip made for me, I realized that I am not an auditory person. Breaking the quiet this morning was the familiar hum of a plane passing over and the playful noises of children splashing in the pool a couple of houses away, but what were those sounds of nature that I am unaccustomed to hearing? The loud chirping that crescendoed and faded came from what creatures? Crickets? Frogs? I vowed to be more aware of the sounds of life around me. Life is not just a visual experience. That being said, I went in to grab my camera and take a picture of one view from my relaxing spot, the scarecrows guarding my neighbors garden. In a picture from last week, we can see why they are needed. If anyone wants to try some rabbit stew, they can find the main ingredient in plentiful supply in our neighborhood.


No comments: