Saturday, July 12, 2008

Carolina Girl

~~ When you are a Carolina girl, you have to go to the beach at least once a year. It is a must-do. If this Carolina girl doesn't make it, then I feel frustrated, incomplete, like I have entirely missed the fun season of summer. So that is just the way it is, a ritual that must be kept. Any beach along the shores of either Carolina works for me and fulfills the yearning to touch base with Mother Ocean.
~~ Once I heard something like...being at the beach is like sending your mind to the laundry. Maybe so. Watching the sea water arc up into waves, roll forward and dissipate into shallow clear sparkling water does feel like a cleansing experience. Now my Summer 2008 beach fix is over, but the time there and the ritual of mental renewal will keep that yearning at bay for a while.
~~ I am going to put this blog to rest once again because my husband, grandson and I will head up to Vermont and beyond on Thursday July 17. I am going to try to keep a blog of my trip once we get going.

No comments: