Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Some like it hot

I feel cheated if I don't get to enjoy summer's visit, if I am too busy working or don't find the time to appreciate the warmth of the sun or other seasonal gifts. Today I was out, driving from place to place with the windows down. My hair was blowing, I was getting a little sweaty, and I was feeling happy. I am not one to like sameness. How dull is that! Experiencing life on earth includes spending time with the seasons. Though I have come to love January the quiet and peaceful month, I still thrill over summer. OK. OK. So at this point, it is more remembering summers from my younger years that brings the thrill. But that is still a part of me. And I suppose it is the remembered pleasures of short shorts, cold lemonade, laughing with friends, looking for boys, afternoon rain showers, trips to the beach in hot slow cars and smelling the ocean air for the first time that makes me smile to myself. Ahhh summer. The glorious season.

No comments: