Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I can die happy

I was going to anyway, but having this France experience behind me ensures it! How glad I am to have been there in the flesh. Now that I have recovered, jet lag et al, I am thinking about other places I would like to go, though none compare to my now met desire to go to France. It was great, but as I sit here with my American coffee and biscuit and jelly in place of espresso et croissant, I think America is good too. This is where I was put when I came to earth and with all of its craziness, it is OK with me. What I have seen of this land, our land, it is also magnificent. A USA destination may be my next goal, but this time I take the hubby along. When I was alone in the throngs of people in Paris, I thought how nice it is to have a partner in life. He missed me, too, and has been uncharacteristically attentive since I came home. I needed it. Now it is back to the usual, the familiar, the pleasantly mundane. Relief . . .

No comments: