Thursday, November 15, 2012

assimilating

This morning was a piece of cake. After the first day of driving the kids to school, and after going the wrong way on a one way drive, I have gotten the hang of it. I knew how long it took for the two lights to change, trusted the quick arm motions of the awesome crossing guard, and waved to the young neighbor who was putting up the flag. And to top it all off, my sweet grandchildren got to their drop off spots five minutes before the bell was to ring. How quickly we humans can adapt in a just a few days.

Now I am having my mug of coffee with cream. Since I couldn't figure out how to use their coffee pot and definitely needed my morning potion, I had to adapt to that also. I found a strainer, placed a double layer of paper towels in it, brought water to a boil in a saucepan, placed the strainer over the mug, and slowly poured the water into it being careful not to get grounds in the finished product. This was actually an old trick that I remembered. Now I have a few hours all to myself.

Jacob said I was having a vacation, but I said...oh no. I am coming here to work. Maybe I am adapting to the idea it can be a vacation after all.

No comments: