Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lesson from the Wok

Chinese cooking taught me a lot about life. I think back to that time when it was a new thing for me. I learned to patiently wash and chop and slice and get all the fresh ingredients ready for a few quick minutes in a hot oiled wok. The work was all in the preparation. Today I benefitted from those Chinese cooking lessons. This morning I woke up with the idea to paint the sunroom. Since I had no other big plans, I went to Lowe's to get my paint and other supplies. (Strangely, the color I chose was unintentionally identical to the paint Jessica and I put on a decade or more ago. I must like a pale creamy yellow.) The hubby helped. Together we sanded and cleaned the walls where needed, placed tape on the moulding and door frame, and spread an old shower curtain on the floor where the paint can would sit, and got our other supplies ready. From there it was almost a cinch. I trimmed, and we rolled the rest in no time to get a prettier room. It all worked like stir frying!

No comments: