Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Must Do for Spring

Spring, Spring, beautiful spring. Aside from the pollen, what is not to love about? Each spring gives a chance for renewal. It is refreshing and invigorating.
Today I put four tomato plants in my garden, and I hope it is not too soon since spring came early this year. We Southerners think there is nothing better than a home grown summertime tomato and often go to great lengths to get them. When I consider the bags of soil amendments, the stakes, my cool new garden gloves, and the overpriced plants, I realize I have a pretty expensive garden spot. But it will be worth it in entertainment value alone. For many weeks I will be watching in awe as each little plant grows, and I will have fun nurturing them along until they are big enough to reward me with their goodness.

No comments: