Monday, December 7, 2009

Missing Christmas Shopping

There are a lot of things a girl has to do to be ready to live far away from home for nine days, so today I have been finishing the packing and preparation. I am really looking forward to the adventure and plan to do some shopping while in cold, beautiful Bavaria. But over the past few days I have been out to my familiar old stores, and wow are they packed with all kinds of great stuff to buy. Sometime this spring I was looking for a jewelry box, but there were none to be found. When I asked why, I was told that they are "seasonal items." Well now is the season for jewelry boxes and any other items our little hearts could desire. However, by the time I come back from my trip and into an American store, the shelves will be picked over and the excitement will have faded. Maybe that's not so bad. It's easy to get caught up in the frenzy, and I often end up buying something I can't resist. It doesn't take too long for me to realize I should have resisted. This will be a different December for me. To see what I will be doing for the next week or so, check me out here.

No comments: