Tuesday, February 12, 2013

at another hospital

The hubby had outpatient surgery today, a laparoscopic hernia repair. He did great, and we were in and out in less than six hours. I was impressed with the efficiency with which St. Francis was run and the competence of everyone who attended to him. A nice touch was a brief devotional that was piped in about nine a.m. I took along a dusty-on-the-shelf book, Being the Body by Charles Colson, to read during my down time and found it very well written and more interesting than Rachael Ray and whatever else was on the NBC channel on the TV in the waiting room. It was so good that I will finish it! At post op time, the nurse caring for the hubby said I looked familiar. As it turned out, I was her psych clinical nursing instructor several years ago. It was a treat to catch up with her. All in all, it was a successful morning.

No comments: