Sunday, July 1, 2012

It has to do with birds.

A friend recommended a book she had read that held a lot of significance for her, and she thought I would like it, too. I do. Written by a woman, it deals with women's relationships, especially those with our women relatives, and our deeper struggles. As I read, what I am impressed with the most is how she - and I appreciate it in other writers as well - take the risk of putting their most true selves out there publicly for anyone to react to. My own reactions make me think...yeah that's how I feel, too. The well chosen words that bare their souls are validating. And their souls are ours as well. Their uncomfortable and unwanted feelings are mine as well. We are all connected. I admire a writer's willingness to share, and we readers are the beneficiaries.

No comments: