Saturday, November 5, 2011

In two days...

I will be en route via Lufthansa to Israel.

It is to be a pilgrimage, said the rector of the Episcopal church who is organizing it, and I see a dictionary defines that noun as "journey to a sacred place or a journey made for exalted or sentimental reasons." I have not been on a pilgrimage before except for the one that has taken me through the trials and joys of earthly life, and I believe this trip to the Holy Land will be an enriching and moving experience. I plan to post as much as I can on this blog as, after all, wisdom is in its title. And where does wisdom come from? As Solomon was inspired to write in the Old Testament book of Proverbs verse 9:10, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." See you in a few days!

No comments: