Saturday, December 15, 2012

Practice Makes Perfect

Once again, I am happy to be contributing my little alto voice to a big, upcoming Christmas choir program. When we started practicing back in early October, all the songs were new to me but one. But I have attended choir practice almost every Sunday since, have taken the score home a time or two, and have became familiar with the once strange and challenging music. Now I really like it. All of the singers needed to be encouraged to use proper pronunciation, to listen to our same part neighbor as well as the rest of the choir, to perfect the timing, and sometimes we had to stretch our breaths and voices. This morning we had our dress rehearsal for tomorrow night's concert. We went over each piece with the magnificent orchestral accompaniment, and we made beautiful music together. What I thought of was how thrilled I was to be a part of it, and how each person there has worked to bring about the lovely and almost perfect sounds of Christmas.

No comments: