Friday, February 10, 2012

whoops

On Tuesday this week, I got into a car accident. Nothing major really. I barely felt the impact, am not injured at all, and neither is my car. The little bit of rubber on my VW’s rear panel from the bumper of the car that hit me must have easily come off in the car wash today.  But the other driver called a policeman, and after his evaluation, he charged me with the accident. I am not arguing it, but I am letting it make me feel pretty stupid. Yesterday the insurance man called and said the young man who was driving the other car is trying to claim some sort of injury. Impossible! Then I moved from feeling foolish to feeling mad. Frustrations and irritations that I get are almost always short-lived, almost gone as soon as they come. I really trust my God, the One who perceives my thoughts from afar and is intimately acquainted with all my ways, the One who sees my past, present, and future and knows what is best for me. I believe that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. I also think it is just fine, and necessary, to take time to process emotional events (as this was to me), get the lesson from it, and then let it go.  After all, most things are beyond our control. I think I am ready to move on. Now all that is left is a court date! 

No comments: