Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Too much of a good thing

Toward the end of 2010 when the stores were stocked with good things to buy, I treated myself to an electric blanket, throw sized for my side of the bed. I had entertained the idea of an electric blanket for years, and when I saw the pretty paisley design inside the package at Costco, I asked myself...what are you waiting for? I really love it. Before I tuck in at night, I turn the control that hangs off the foot end of the bed to medium. A few minutes later it is heavenly, luxuriously warm under my covers. But there is a drawback. The heating control is set to go off after three hours, but after about two hours, I become hot. The blanket that warms me now feels like it is blistering me! It reminds me of when I overeat. The food can taste wonderful at first but then a few hours later, woe is me. And too much working or busyness or too much taking it easy, or really an excess of anything can be too much of a good thing. It really is good to learn moderation.

No comments: