Friday, May 2, 2008

Sticking My Head Out

I was just reading about the Emirates Airline, the seventh largest airline in the world that I had no idea existed. (After all, I must think outside the backyard and the hospital from time to time.) Coming from the wealthy UAE, the planes must be new and beautiful, i.e. safe, and provide excellent food and service. Photographs of the massively opulent buildings in Dubai have landed in my email inbox, and at first thought I thought they were a hoax. Not the case. The towering structures for business and the grandiose entertainment complexes are mind boggling! This relatively new country/government sure has a lot of money to spend, gazillions apparently. Then a Bible verse came to mind: "The foolish man built his house upon the sand....And great was the fall of it." I had always taken this in a figurative sense, but there is nothing on which to build in this part of the world but sand. Maybe it is prophetic and not just figurative. Time will tell . . .

1 comment:

kvtravis said...

funny! i was just reading about Dubai on Wikipedia today. One of our friends just went on a trip there with MBA school.