Sunday, June 16, 2013

catching up

Fifteen or so years ago, I was in love with words. I kept pen and paper with me at all times to scribble down any cool ideas to ponder, chains of words that painted a pretty picture, and just random thoughts. It was sort of an intense brain game that I wisely let go. I now allow my words to flutter away like spring butterflies and hope they may pop in for a visit another time. I think I was motivated to put my words out there, to blog, by my fascination with the English language, but I found that it was often hard work to write what my mind wanted to say.  Often I ended up with words that took on a life of their own or an oversimplification of a bigger issue. I can't imagine what a novelist goes through as I had a hard time managing my hundred and fifty or so words! Now where was I going with this? To those who love me and check my blog occasionally, I apologize for becoming a lazy writer. And photographer. Not to mention taking the easy way out by using that blogger app. I will try to do better.

No comments: