Saturday, September 10, 2011

Less than two months til Jerusalem

Two months from today, if all goes according to plan, I will be at the Sea of Galilee and visiting Old Capernaum. A day later, this group of thirty some Episcopalians and I, the lone Presbyterian, will head for four nights in Jerusalem. When I was first asked if I would like to go to Israel, I said no thanks, but then reconsidered. What was I thinking? I am now so looking forward to it. People ask if it is safe over there. Who knows? I figure the tour company will make that decision. My thoughts are that many devout people pray for Jerusalem, and my Jewish friend said people who go there feel safe and protected. I believe it will be a wonderful experience.

Psalm 122: 6 - 9

6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
“May those who love you be secure.
7 May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels.”
8 For the sake of my family and friends,
I will say, “Peace be within you.”
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.

No comments: